A couple of fun last minute activities with the kids, a crazy virus that brought us to the ER with our little guy, and organizing the closets…just some of the things filling our days as we bid summer good-bye!
A trip up north with cousins!
Finishing up our bucket list for the summer! So glad we did this…on days when I did not have anything planned this gave us ideas and added excitement for the kids.
Face painting! A friend and her artsy daughter brought this over a couple of weeks ago and the girls loved it and begged me to buy some. I picked it up at the store and it was a hit!
DOTS!!! They love using these, it is a great change-up from markers and crayons! Just a note: they are not washable so the girls have colorful hands after.
I have come across some great links this week so here they are!
- The newest book from Ann Voskamp. So excited to read this! This post is so good, she writes of her son leaving for university. I read it as I rocked my little guy to sleep last night…left me teary eyed!
- 5 ways to fix “Mom Posture”. I need this! I feel so slouched over by the end of the day with the little ones.
- Enjoyed this read! The Helicopter Parent…not what you may think!
- Fun game for the kids plus it gets them moving!
- Embracing Motherhood from Joyful Mothering…this is a good read too!
We send our oldest to Kindergarten on Tuesday!!!
Here she is at open house!
Enjoy the long weekend and thinking of you as the school year gets underway!
- All Is Grace…Until You’re Mad (middleofthemess.wordpress.com)