- Thanks Mom! (parenting-success.com)
- Love Stories (shesingsalong.com)
- April JOY! (heavenlyprincess.wordpress.com)
- Links I have loved…… (handfullofblessings.wordpress.com)
So the 13 Things is under way!
1. I have my new journal and cool pen.
2. I have been keeping my journal of One Thousand Gifts. I did this last year and wanted to keep going, it was such an eye opening experience. Here you can print a year’s worth of Joy Dare prompts given by Ann Voskamp (see link at bottom of her webpage).
3. Do What You Can by Holley Gerth is on my book list for the year.
4. I am giving myself some time by taking a weekly yoga class, will see how it goes. It’s a mommy and me class for Axel and I…not sure how it will work as he rolls across the room but I am up for trying it.
5. Refreshing my soul as I take part in Beth Moore’s Siesta Scripture Memory Team. Every two weeks you pick a scripture you are going to memorize…so two each month. I tried this two years ago but fizzled out about 4 months in…this year I am determined to finish! It was such a neat experience in the months that I did do it. I read this today by Ann Voskamp and it made me realize I really want to do this. She says, “What you really know by heart is what your heart really knows — and what you really live.
“When I didn’t know which way to turn — turning those pages turned me. The whole year — I learned by heart the heart of God — and He calmed my fearful heart.”
And then there’s Jesus: Christ’s weapon against Satan in the desert was memorized Scripture. And if you aren’t memorizing Scripture — what IS your weapon against Satan?
6. My walking through something fearful is running a half marathon. I am in the process of training for it, yes it’s hard, yes I can talk myself out of running in 2 seconds flat but I choose to be challenged and fight through the fear!
7. I love the uncrossing of the arms. The twins have become pros at crossing their arms and saying in their sweet little voices, “Momma I so mad!” So just reading number 7 makes me smile plus I know hugging more means being less critical and showing more grace and love!
I still have to work on 8, 9, 11, 12 and 13…
10. A changed heart can lead a changed life brings me to my WORD for the year. It is GRACE. Showing GRACE to others, giving GRACE to myself as I go through the day, being thankful for GRACE that others show to my kids, my husband and myself. Grace in it’s most simplistic form…GRACE = a gift, a favor, the ultimate gift from HIM.
In the Websters Dictionary…
disposition to or an act or instance of kindness, courtesy, or clemency
the quality or state of being considerate or thoughtful
For the Lord God is our sun and our shield.
He gives us grace and glory.
Blessings to you today!
What a beautiful day! The sun is out and the birds are chirping. One of the trees in our backyard has bloomed and it is so beautiful! Vivian painted a little bird feeder last week and it has been hanging on the tree. We have not seen any birds feeding from it yet…hopefully we do. I am thinking maybe the bright colors are not that inviting, but we will keep looking and maybe one day we will catch a bird or two.
See the little orange thing hanging from the tree? That is the bird feeder!
She is so proud of her little bird feeder!
The wonderful day and the beautiful tree I shall add to my thankful list.
This crazy Joy Dare to do it all over again because I need it, to make this the habit before all the other habits — the joy habit — and count a full 1000 gifts in 2012. He deserves all my thanks and it’s impossible to give thanks and simultaneously feel fear. Woman with the soul amnesia — she keeps remembering and needing to remember again.
Just three gifts a day.
The whole earth is full of His glory.
By the end of the year if I write down three things per day that I am thankful for I should have 1000! It really has opened my eyes and drawn me closer to Him. On days when things are wonderful it is so easy to write down words on the lines. On days when the day goes horribly and I want a “do over” it is hard to write down those words but it challenges me to see the gifts even in the muck. I am enjoying the dare and look forward to taking the moments to show thanks to God for all he blesses us with.
Each month Ann shares a Joy Dare sheet which I have shown here behind my 1000 gifts notebook.
Off to the park it is too nice to stay inside!
Just wanted to post a quick note to share some amazing books I am reading and blogs I am following…
Books that I am currently reading:
Image by anat_tikker
Books that I have recently read and loved:
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr
Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst
90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper
American Wife: A Novel by Curtis Sittenfeld
Prayers and Promises for Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize
Books that I have not finished and keep coming back to:
Cast of Characters by Max Lucado
A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers
Loving Our Kids on Purpose by Danny Silk
I just learned how to do links so I linked up the books and blogs I am currently reading. Hopefully they all work for you! I am so very new at this blogging but wanted to share the info so you could enjoy too!
Have a Blessed Day!