So the 13 Things is under way!
1. I have my new journal and cool pen.
2. I have been keeping my journal of One Thousand Gifts. I did this last year and wanted to keep going, it was such an eye opening experience. Here you can print a year’s worth of Joy Dare prompts given by Ann Voskamp (see link at bottom of her webpage).
3. Do What You Can by Holley Gerth is on my book list for the year.
4. I am giving myself some time by taking a weekly yoga class, will see how it goes. It’s a mommy and me class for Axel and I…not sure how it will work as he rolls across the room but I am up for trying it.
5. Refreshing my soul as I take part in Beth Moore’s Siesta Scripture Memory Team. Every two weeks you pick a scripture you are going to memorize…so two each month. I tried this two years ago but fizzled out about 4 months in…this year I am determined to finish! It was such a neat experience in the months that I did do it. I read this today by Ann Voskamp and it made me realize I really want to do this. She says, “What you really know by heart is what your heart really knows — and what you really live.
“When I didn’t know which way to turn — turning those pages turned me. The whole year — I learned by heart the heart of God — and He calmed my fearful heart.”
And then there’s Jesus: Christ’s weapon against Satan in the desert was memorized Scripture. And if you aren’t memorizing Scripture — what IS your weapon against Satan?
6. My walking through something fearful is running a half marathon. I am in the process of training for it, yes it’s hard, yes I can talk myself out of running in 2 seconds flat but I choose to be challenged and fight through the fear!
7. I love the uncrossing of the arms. The twins have become pros at crossing their arms and saying in their sweet little voices, “Momma I so mad!” So just reading number 7 makes me smile plus I know hugging more means being less critical and showing more grace and love!
I still have to work on 8, 9, 11, 12 and 13…
10. A changed heart can lead a changed life brings me to my WORD for the year. It is GRACE. Showing GRACE to others, giving GRACE to myself as I go through the day, being thankful for GRACE that others show to my kids, my husband and myself. Grace in it’s most simplistic form…GRACE = a gift, a favor, the ultimate gift from HIM.
In the Websters Dictionary…
disposition to or an act or instance of kindness, courtesy, or clemency
the quality or state of being considerate or thoughtful
For the Lord God is our sun and our shield.
He gives us grace and glory.
Blessings to you today!
- How to Pray Using Scripture (pjcockrell.wordpress.com)
- 2013: Things That Are Unseen (fromheelstoboots.com)
- 13 reasons this is your yoga year (soulflowvinyasayoga.wordpress.com)