Hello! Wow I can’t believe it is Friday…the week has flown by!
I saw this video and thought it was wonderful and encouraging for parents. I may have to add this book to my book list, Just A Minute by Wess Stafford.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ul6Q44LDHb8?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
My first two sewing projects are complete and I realize I really enjoy sewing! I took a break from sewing this week to finish up the scarf I am knitting for my brother and to catch up on some stuff around here. I can’t wait to get my new machine (since I have been borrowing one) this weekend and start my third project. Below are the first two projects I have done and links to where I found them. Enjoy!
Microwavable Rice Heating Pad from Sew4Home
Sew4Home gives step by step instructions on how to sew this craft. It really was pretty simple and adding lavender essential oil to the rice makes it smell wonderful! This was a good first project to tackle, not too difficult and pretty quick to make.
The finished product with the rice and essential oil.
Ready to give as a gift! These are great presents and there are so many fun fabrics to pick from.
Baby Swaddle from Fabric by Fabric One Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Projects
Since I am expecting a boy after three girls we can no longer recycle the pink. So, I decided to make something for our little guy as we await his arrival. The pattern was included with the book and the step by step instructions were great for me, as a beginner. There were a lot more steps to this one than my first project, but they were relatively easy to follow.
Preparing to cut the material from the pattern.
The cut pieces…the main portion and the swaddle ties.
The swaddle ties sewn together and the details.
The finished project!
Material for the next swaddles.
- From one of my favorite bloggers, Ann Voskamp 10 Points of Joyful Parenting. Ann is the gifted and heart warming author of One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are and the blog A Holy Experience. I thought this was filled with great reminders on how to be the mom my kids deserve.
- From Inspired to Action…Are We Praying The Wrong Things For Our Children…insightful quick read.
- Mango Green Smoothie from Two Peas and Their Pod. This sounds yummy and I think the girls will love it!
- The finished product for the scarf I am knitting.
- iPhone/iPad Apps that I love…plus I have recommendations from four others that all have very different careers and tastes so the list is pretty all-encompassing.
Have a great weekend…may you be blessed and refreshed!